Sunday 23 June 2019

2019-06-22/23 The Trip Home

I got up at 5:30, cleaned up and was gone by just after 6:00am.  I stopped in Tri-Cities for breakfast at McDonald's and ran into Harold who had just finished breakfast and was on his way.  After I got my order, I was sitting in my van organizing some papers for the border, when Blaine and Brad showed up.   Brad wanted breakfast, and Blaine had to relieve himself of some of the coffee he had already been drinking.

I caught up with Harold again at the border.  I don't know if they were checking out his car, but he was parked in the inspection area as I went past.  The border crossing for me was very easy.  I told him that I had $1,250 US to declare (almost three times my limit), and he just told me to have a nice day and let me go!

I found out that Kent was ahead of me when I stopped at a watercraft checkpoint in Idaho and the fellow said that I was the second windsurfer he had seen today.  I checked with him later in the day and he was in Invermere, heading north, and going to avoid Edmonton on his way to Wabamum.

Harold had booked a motel in Cranbrook, so I believe spent the night there - cutting the trip in almost exactly half.

I stopped in Nobleford to see my friends Kirk and Barb, where I was treated with amazing hospitality once again.  I had a great nights sleep and a wonderful breakfast before I headed home Sunday.  Thanks Kirk & Barb!

I got a text from Kent that he had arrived home safely after a 15.5-hour drive.

I started getting spammed with emails from Harold mid-afternoon on Sunday, so I assume he is home.

I haven't heard from Blaine, Brad, Jim, Cynthia or Cam, which likely means that they also arrive home without difficulty.

Wow!  That was one of our windiest trips yet.  I don't know how we are ever going to top it.

Lots of fun and great friends!

I hope Andreas and Ross enjoy their week!  It looks like it was windy Saturday and Sunday, but will be less so for the next couple of days.  Sorry, Andreas - you missed it!

We are looking forward to Kent & Lorna's party in July!

Great trip.  No one was hurt!  We didn't hurt anyone else! and We all got home!
Not only that, but we all had fun and no one broke anything!

What else can I say!


No comments:

Post a Comment