Tuesday 11 June 2019

2019-06-10 Klickitat Ride and Foiling



Louise and I got out of the house early and drove to Lyle with our bikes.  We rode up Hwy 142 which follows the Klickitat River.  It was a beautiful ride with very little traffic - and all but two of the vehicles that did pass us were very considerate.  We saw a couple of kyakers - a boat of fishermen - & someone in hip-waders out fishing in the river.  The ride is 20 Miles out and then return, so almost 65km by the time you get to the parking lot.



After re-loadiing our bikes, we drove to White Salmon and had lunch at Everybody's Pub.  The food was delicious - but there was too much of it....

From there, we drove down to the Event site and found people out foiling.  I rigged my 7.0 and Infinity Wing, but as I was heading to the water, Joe was coming out and told me that I would be way overpowered on the 7.  I rigged the 6.0 and went out.  I am not sure if it was being tired from biking, or the food and beer at Everybody's, or maybe a bit of heat stroke, or a combination of everything, but I really struggled to make it work - especially in the gusts.  I had some great crashes!

I came back in to rest and re-hydrate and went back out again after an hour or so, but the wind had almost completely died by that point and I didn't get the foil working.

Oh well - great day anyway!


Jim Mudry

Jim Mudry

Dale Cook - 360

No comments:

Post a Comment