Wednesday 5 June 2019

2019-06-04 - Starting a little early!

I know this is starting a bit early, but I am sure you guys would want to know what Louise and I are up to - and also, I can't help but rub it in that I am down here, while you guys are still in Edmonton.

Louise and I left Monday morning and had a wonderful afternoon visiting friends in Keho.  Thanks in particular to Kirk & Barb, Arny, and Chicky for welcoming a "windsurfer" into their kiting heaven!

Kirk - going big!

Ted - 5.6 and Nash Board

Arny

Kirk
Tuesday we spent traveling and arrived in Hood River around 8:00 pm.

Today (Wednesday) before Louise and I had even finished breakfast, the doorbell rang.  It was Jim (Sailworks), welcoming us back to Hood River.  He even slipped into the conversation how much improved the new foils are and that I should try one out. 

Today Louise and I rode to the Rowena Lookout and back.  The wind started to kick up in the afternoon, so we found ourselves peddling to keep moving downhill on the way home.  The views on the ride were spectacular as usual.  We are now looking for some other "loops" to try.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

After visiting the shops and doing a little shopping, I left Louise at the Condo and went down to the event site to foil with Jim.  We had a good but short session, as the wind, which had been gusty all day, settled down and slowly died.  By the time I packed up at 7:00, even the kitefoilers were standing in the water by the sandbar with their kites in the water.  I chatted with Bruce, who had come down to foil, but then decided it was getting too light - and to Bart, who had come down to watch the start of the Wednesday night sailboat race.

Great day!  It was great to see everyone down here.  It is very nice how they make you feel so welcome.

We are looking forward to more biking - and sailing - tomorrow!
Louise below the Rowena Looking
 
Bart



No comments:

Post a Comment