Saturday 8 June 2019

2019-06-08 Event Site Foiling

Louise and I slept in.  When we got up, I made eggs and toast for breakfast.

We rode our bikes down to the Hood River Farmers Market.  We toured around and bought some vegetables for supper.  We enjoyed the music of the Mooncats - Bluegrass music.  They were actually pretty good!

Moon Cats

When we got home, we packed up some snacks and water for the afternoon and the headed out.  Our first stop was Sailworks - to drop off my old board (Jim is going to give it to his neighbour in exchange for a bottle of Rum).
Next, we went to the Event Site to check out the wind.  Dale Cook arrived and went out on his 5.2 Flyer.  I rigged my Infinity foil and my 6.0 flyer.  I had a good session, although the wind started to pick up and I started having trouble controlling the power.  I had some good rides and almost made it through a couple of jibes... although there were many where I wasn't even close.

We enjoyed watching Dale.  He said he was lit on his 5.2,  particularly towards the end of his ride.  He was doing duck jibes and 360 turns.  He really makes it look easy, although he is human, and did fall a couple of times.



More of my photos are on my Flickr site here.

When I came in, Lou and I had lunch.  I thought I might go out again, but the wind had picked up & I didn't think I would be able to keep foiling, so I packed up my gear.

Louise found a stash of driftwood twigs which apparently will work really well for her Stone Art.


Louise and I went to the Cathedral Ridge Winery and did some wine tasting while sitting in the sun with a view of the vineyards and Mount Adams.

We picked up some supplies on the way home and then cooked a steak with baked potatoes and corn for supper.  We ate on Ross & Karen's deck with a much better view of Mount Adams than we had from the Winery.  Very nice!



Louise tells me that it is her turn tomorrow.  We are going for a bike ride - no sailing.  Looking forward to it!





No comments:

Post a Comment